Tuesday 31 August 2010

Hello World

Hi, Sam here.

When I heard Brendan was going to be starting a blog to help with the VCAP study, I thought it would be a great opportunity for me to stop procrastinating and work on it too.

So just a brief background on me. Started using VMWare back in 2000, first production ESX site in 2003 (ESX2.5), currently running ESXi 4.0 update 2 with an upgrade to 4.1 pending in 3 weeks. We have been running effectively "cloud services" since 2005 and have offered this under the guise of Utility Computing.

In the coming months, I hope to cover quite a bit on the VCAP blueprint as it relates to my current environment. Along with that I want to cover off on a few areas that appear to be lacking from what I have heard in podcasts and user group discussions. Things like developing a cost model, Billing Models, Virtualised Storage, Monitoring (Open Source Solutions), Monitoring (COTS) and some other tit bits learned by blooding my nose on the sharp end of innovation.

So enough from me now and talk to you all soon.

No comments: