Friday 22 October 2010

New Stuff

I've made a few acquisitions in the last month.

Tomorrow morning I'm off to the post office to pick up a pack of assorted Fuizion freeze dried food sachets, which everyone seems to have been raving about.

I've ordered a Glo-Toob FX for small, lightweight in-tent lighting. I've heard good things about them and as it's always a pain to create ambient light with a head torch, which are usually very directional by design, I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs. Whether it's bright enough to read by remains to be seen, but I live in hope.

On a similar note, I've added a Petzl Tikka2 XP to my collection as well. I actually quite like my dirt cheap Energizer LED torch that I got for £5 at a Millets in Oban and have never seen sold anywhere since. But I've started cycling in to work now and the throw wouldn't be long enough to see where I was going on a dark winter's evening. I'm delighted with the effectiveness of the Petzl's diffuser, but slightly irritated by the noticeable flickering of the LEDs in economy mode.

I wish I could afford a decent insulated jacket so I can get out in the dead of winter. I'm looking at you, PHD Minimus jacket. And by decent I of course mean top of the line. Ahem.

No comments: