Tuesday 26 March 2013

Setting Power Shell Execute Modes in VM Guest Templates

Hi

Well I am slightly restructuring my posts into smaller bite sized chunks. Why? well because I wanted to re-use bits and well the easiest way to make sense was to post about smaller bits of information.

So today I am going to talk about Power Shell Execute Modes. Well not so much about them but how I have set mine up in my VMware environment to enable easy execution of scripts in my environment.

Okay so I am sure most people who use VMware know about templates so will reference this as assumed knowledge.

In my environment I currently have 3 Templates, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012.

For the Windows Servers, I set the execution policy as unrestricted both in the 64Bit and 32Bit shells.

Why? So that I don't have to sign all my scripts. Is this an issue, from my experience only if you are operating in a highly secure environment.

So how is this done? Simple:

Open each console on the Template and type:

set-executionpolicy Unrestricted
You should see something like the following


Once your done, shutdown the machine and convert back to a template and we are ready.

Well I am off now, see you in the next snippet.


No comments: